Saturday, June 3, 2017

château de versailles

une petite femme dans le château de versailles





a sunny day in paris & we decided to spend it strolling through the many gardens versailles had to offer. accompanied by a swollen ankle, we took a break to relax and witnessed a traumatizing lolita scene (which I won't give further detail on) so to cure our shaken up state of mind, we ate lavender ice cream and watched visitors row little canoes. the change of scenery was comforting however the smell of clean crisp air & flawlessly trimmed trees began to make me homesick. in that moment I was transported back to my landscape architecture class listening to my professor from new york talk about this exact place. to think that I wrote an essay criticizing how superficial it was makes me feel guilty. after spending hours here, I later realized the beauty le château de versailles possesses is not only based on the high level maintenance it requires but how it's an interaction with nature, the perfect getaway spot.
 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!